Most of these projects have been completed since I took these pictures, but I thought you might enjoy a glimpse of things “in progress.”
First attempt at woodgrain-look leather, and first use of a hot knife. I learned not to do the jagged edge design so close to the eyelets after this one.
Leather pieces in the middle of being dyed. One bag, four headpieces, two pairs of cuffs, and two bag straps nearly finished.
I’ve wanted a leather waist cincher for a while… so I decided to just make one. This is mid tooling the maple leaves on one of the front panels.
One of my new bag design, before dying. Also before the clasp was added – hence the scissors as a weight.
After several weeks as a demo piece, it was time to actually pull this copper viking knit through my draw plate. It went way smaller than expected – such a dense, delicate chain!
I was in the mood for woodburning last week. Here’s a Welsh dragon, done in line art, waiting for some shading.